- The process listed here is not the quickest way to setting up eKeypad but will make troubleshooting issues much easier. The order listed below is designed so that at each step only one or two items can cause an issue.
It is important to perform all steps listed below, even if they seem unnecessary. The steps listed here are interdependent on each other. Skipping steps can greatly increase the time required to identify the issue.
Some of the steps request tests to be performed a second time. This is always done for an important reason.
1. Verify the TCP/IP settings of your equipment. The location and layout of these settings varies from device to device but the goals are always the same.
- Make sure the device is configured with a static IP Address.
- Make sure the default gateway value is entered correctly.
- Verify the port numbers used by the device.
2. Verify the port forwarding setup in your router.
- Make sure it is configured with correct IP Address and port number for your device.
- If the setup looks correct, delete the port forwarding entry, completely shutdown your web browser, then go back into the router and recreate the port forwarding entry.
3. It is also useful to be aware that in most cases you will need to test both local (wifi) and remote (cellular) connectivity. Always test in this order listed below.
Note that this list assumes the use of a Dynamic DNS hostname. These steps can be ignored if purchasing a static IP Address from the internet provider.
- Connected to local Wifi and use the internal IP Address of the equipment
- Connected to cellular data and use the external IP Address of the router
- Connected to local Wifi and using the external IP Address of the router
- Connected to cellular data and using the dynamic DNS hostname
- Connected to local Wifi and using the dynamic DNS hostname