When a new M1 system is configured in eKeypad a full synchronization is performed to cache important information. This process greatly improves performance of the application in certain situations and reduces unnecessary network traffic.
In some scenarios it is possible for this cache to be incomplete or get out of sync with the M1. This can cause eKeypad to show an incomplete list of items. In extreme cases it can make eKeypad appear unable to control the M1.
The procedure listed below will force eKeypad to perform a resynchronization with the M1. Each step below is important, even if it does not seem necessary.
- Open eKeypad and navigate to the main configuration screen.
- In the device management section you may see different things. It is dependent on the modules enabled. If the top row is labeled “Automation Systems” touch it to open the System List screen. Otherwise, skip to the next step.
- Touch on your M1 configuration to display the Overview screen.
- On the overview screen touch the button labeled, “Re-Sync Device Changes”.
- Dismiss the notice on the popup window.
- Exit eKeypad using the home button on your mobile device.
- Re-launch eKeypad and open the “Status” screen.
- Monitor the “Queue Sizes” row. The caching process is not complete until it reads, “L:0 – M:0 – H:0″.
- Exit eKeypad and re-launch it one last time to make sure the cache is saved.